St Faith’s – Phil Munday
Phil Munday, standing in St Faiths ward
Phil Munday is your St Faiths candidate for Labour. He is a retired secondary school headteacher, who has lived in St Faiths for over 40 years. He explains ‘I want Havant to be a thriving local community with involvement from residents in all the key decisions being made. I will:
- work for more open and accountable decision making by our Council
- Protect our local environment by working to limit use of green field sites and set sensible limits on housebuilding by considering housing density,
increased use of brown field sites
- Promote environmentally friendly projects.
As an example of this I am pressing for a range of tree species and some large trees to replace 130 ash trees being felled at Bosmere School. This would improve air quality, noise reduction and improve privacy.
I would particularly like to thank our public service workers as well as our traders and volunteers who have done so much to support us through these challenging times.
Follow me on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/PhilforStFaiths or Tel: 07740676675. My email address is: email@example.com
Please visit the St Faith’s Ward Matters website at https://stfaiths.havantlabour.uk
IF ELECTED on 5th May I WILL:
- Inform local residents on planning and infrastructure issues through regular newsletters, listen and follow up on issues raised, including concerns about the impact of all the new houses on our local roads, parking, and medical services such as Bulbeck Road, Southmere Field and the Portsmouth Water Company site in West Havant
- Support our local shops and traders by demanding some free parking in our local shopping centres to attract residents back.
- Demand more consultation with local residents about the impact of additional housing on local services and infrastructure, including roads, dedicated bike lanes, schools and health facilities, and the replacement of the station footbridge.
- Demand that we really do build back greener by supporting the fitting of solar panels or photovoltaic tiles to all new homes.
- Demand that more emphasis is given to providing housing for families on our housing waiting list